15 | 1
Rules for submission and evaluation of articles
Submission, Structure and Format
Articles submitted to BBR – Brazilian Business Review could not have been previously published or about to be published in periodic in Brazil or abroad. Works published through other seminars, congresses, symposia, etc., are considered unpublished. Therefore, BBR – Brazilian Business Review encourages authors to format texts in articles pattern and submit them for evaluation.
The articles submitted to the BBR – Brazilian Business Review will be previously examined by the Editor as to certificate its suitability for the mission and for the goals of the periodic. If approved, they will be evaluated by double blind review, at least by two consultants of periodic staff.
Articles can be submitted in Portuguese or English. For articles submitted after 2017, the authors will be responsible for providing the version in the other language within 2 months after the approval of the article, so that the texts can be published in both languages.
- The articles will be submitted by electronic form available on the periodic website (http://mc04.manuscriptcentral.com/bbr-scielo);
- The text editor should be Word 6.0 or above;
- Font text: Times New Roman, size 12;
- 1,5 line spacing;
- Justified alignment;
- Margins: top and left: 3 cm, bottom and right: 2 cm;
- Number of words, including title, summary, text, references and illustrations: between 6000 and 8000 for theoretical and empirical articles;
- Citations should be made in the text, in author-data system, including number of pages (if applicable), according to ABNT NBR 10520. Must not be used expressions as id., Ibid., Op. cit., Loc. cit. and similar;
- Full references of cited works should be presented in alphabetical order at the end of the text, according to ABNT NBR 6023;
- Illustrations such as figures, pictures and tables should be prepared according to ABNT NBR 14724, always in black and white, with subtitles, credits and sources. If there are illustrations imported from other programs such as Excel and Power Point, source file also should be sent;
- Reference and explanatory notes should be avoided. The strictly necessary notes should be sequentially numbered in the text and inserted at the end of the text, before the references.
The article must be submitted in a file containing the text of the article itself, with the characteristics described below. On the first page: a. article title (in Portuguese and English) b. summary, containing between 120 and 160 words; c. three to five keywords; d. abstract (text with the same content as summary, in English) e. key words. The body of the article should follow from the second page onwards;
To ensure anonymity of the evaluation process, the author (s) should not identify himself/herself/themselves at the body of the article;
The articles must contain, if possible: a. objectives; b. theoretical reference c. methodology; d. results and discussion e. conclusions, limitations, recommendations of academic and practice nature; f. references, and g. appendices and attachments.
After the references, a sentence should be included, where the author(s) states whether there are conflicts of interests, in addition to indicating each author''''''''''''''''s contribution in the research and paper.
From March 2012, the number of authors in articles is limited to four, except for submissions prior to this date.
The evaluation purpose is to help authors improve the quality of their work, providing constructive evaluations made by academic experts within a reasonable period of time. The BBR – Brazilian Business Review considers the process of evaluation a fundamental stage for the improvement of articles. Therefore, the reviewers of BBR – Brazilian Business Review are encouraged to present, besides their opinion on the article, suggestions on the contents and text.
The evaluation process of articles submitted to BBR – Brazilian Business Review consists of two stages. The first one is an Editor and Associate Editor’s preliminary evaluation that verifies the suitability of the work in relation to the periodical’s editorial line and they make the Desk Review evaluation. The second one, which is the actual evaluation, in the double blind review system, to be held by two ad hoc consultants.
The evaluation considers, primarily, the scientific quality of the text, focusing on the following aspects:
- The theme should have contemporary relevance;
- Originality of the work;
- Theoretical relevance and consistency of the text for development of the area of knowledge;
- Quality of the theoretical reference used;
- Quality of the writing and text organization;
- Contribution to administrative knowledge and/or for administrative action of corporations;
- Methodology used: suitability, quality, and level of sophistication;
- Quality analysis and data discussion (if any);
- Conclusions: attainment, fundamentals and coherence.
The evaluation result will be forwarded to the leading author of the paper by e-mail. The consultant’s opinion will be given approximately 90 days after acceptance Desk Review the article.
Once approved, the article go through spelling and grammar check before it is published on the BBR - Brazilian Business Review.
The Brazilian Business Review does not incur authors with charges for submission. We also declare that the Brazilian Business Review is an Open Access Journal, that is, all of its content is immediately made available for reading without cost after publication.
Responsibility for the published texts in the BBR – Brazilian Business Review
The articles, essays, documents and bibliographic reviews published in BBR – Brazilian Business Review are the author’s exclusive responsibility. The rights, including translations rights are reserved and transferred to BBR – Brazilian Business Review.
Parts of texts published in BBR – Brazilian Business Review may be cited only if they meet the required legal conditions that govern the subject.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
2004 - 2018 © Brazilian Business Review.